Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yesterday's post

I'm late. I know I'm late. In my defense, my two roommates moved in, and we're best friends, and it was an all night, very fun process.

So here's yesterday's post.

I wrote yesterday afternoon. Great things happened.

It's getting easier and easier to read my work as a whole. I'm more familiar with it now, which is part of the process of writing a novel that's difficult. I'm writing so many things over such a long period of time, it is easy to forget some of the details. Thus, it becomes difficult to read the body as a whole and feel like it's comprehensive. I'm getting better at reading it as a whole and really appreciating that. I'm feeling like an expert, which I should.

Also, the more I write and read my novel, the easier it becomes to write in Leia's voice. Her voice becomes stronger and more familiar every day. I love writing something she said and really being certain that she would say it just like that. I am really enjoying getting to know her. She is so much that is familiar to me as she is made up of aspects of all of the women I love and me. I love her, and love spending time with her and figuring new things out about her every day. I'm very certain when you get to read it, you will love her as well.

Finally, we have some setting! Woo hoo! It's not a lot yet, but it's good, and there's more to come. I went through 8 of 21 chapters yesterday inserting little bits of setting, little details to make her life and the place she lives really believable. I will get through the rest of the chapters in the next two days. And I have one completely new chapter involving setting I'm going to write.

I'm on to the very difficult task of choosing which chapter to read to my writing group tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment