Saturday, January 30, 2010

Writing is an Emotional Process

No matter what you're writing about, it's always emotional.

As every writer is and should be, I'm affected by my real life. Sometimes it's good to let my life flood in. They say write what you know, and on this one, they are 100% right. However, sometimes you have to block out what you are currently feeling to just get the job done. And you have to know the difference in these situations to ever make any money as a writer. This is a hard thing to learn.

I have spent the last few days with my entire immediate family. This week with my two sisters is always the best week of my year. There's nothing like our family reunion.

So while I haven't written anything today, I've been living in an intense state of happiness. And there really isn't anything better for my writing than experiencing this kind of euphoria.

I'm going to savor every moment of jubilation and pour this feeling into new pages tomorrow.

P.S. I'm going to finish writing my novel this week. We'll talk about editing and revising after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment