Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Great Writing Day!!!

This was my FB status this morning: I just had an idea regarding my serial killer that was so powerful, I had to lean back in my seat, take a deep breath, and give myself a minute for the idea to sink in.


Yes, it was that good of a morning. I incorporated several of my new ideas into existing chapters this morning, as well as wrote a couple of new, rock solid chapters. Got more than 2,000 words written today, so by Stephen King's standards, I'm doing A ok!

Another great discovery that happened today was my workaround for my hot button issue. Like I said the other night, I just don't know that I want to depict an animal getting hurt in my novel. I just don't. It bothers me to read it or watch it on tv or whatever, so why would I write that? So, I didn't want anything to happen to my protagonist's dog. Well, I came up with a workaround that is equally as powerful as if, say, her dog got abducted. I actually came up with something freakier than that, and I can say no dogs had to be harmed in the process of writing my novel. Woo hoo!

A final novel thought: I said the minimum manuscript length advised by other fiction authors I've read is 200 pages. Well, drum roll please... I'm now at 143 pages!!! Oh my gosh!!! If I can write 150 pages of good novel, I can certainly write another 50! Are you kidding me? I've got this!

Heading to Mom and Dad's for five days but taking my manuscript with me, and of course, my computer. Determined to get some work done while I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment