Monday, January 18, 2010

Today's Lessons:

  1. I have to get over saying lewd, horrible, offensive things. I am writing about a serial killer. He commits several extremely violent and gruesome murders. He says vile, offensive things toward the protagonist you love so much. I'm not afraid to describe the crime scenes from Leia's perspective, but sometimes I feel like it's too much when I tell it from his perspective. So, I have to get over saying lewd things from the killer's perspective. He's a killer for a reason. And I have to find the right balance of vulgarity. That may be it. I really need to find the right balance of vulgarity and violence.
  2. I have an affinity for Mondays and Thursdays. Bad things happen on Mondays and Leia reflects on Thursdays or works on Thursdays or does anything...on Thursdays... Don't know why this is. Don't know, yet, if it needs to be changed.
  3. I need a time line. No, I haven't written one yet. I'm a discovery writer damnit! I don't plan in advance! Well...115 pages and 23 chapters in...I need a freaking time line!!! So...today while writing my setting in the rest of the chapters, I started taking notes as to when things happened in the story, on a Monday, last week, before Simon and Leo are murdered... And now I have pages and pages and pages of notes on when things happen. I've also made notes like: CH18: Lorraine's not dead yet. Needless to say, a time line is on tomorrow's To Do List. And I'm hoping I have enough notes to make it an easy process. I guess I'll find out about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment