Monday, January 25, 2010

Who likes Mondays anyway?

I really wanted to write three chapters today, but I'm dealing with a painful pinched nerve in my neck, so....I only got two new chapters written.

Small victories though:

More research accomplished. On serial killers. Well, one in particular. Per my writers' group suggestion. Interesting and very useful!

Two chapters. Ten more pages. Ten more pages working toward my minimum page limit of 200 pages. Many fiction novelists agree that any work must be between 200-400 pages, and if it's as few as 150 pages, they're going to throw it away. At this point, my story is not complete and my store of ideas has not run out, so I'll keep plugging away finishing my story.

The process gets easier as you go along. It's getting easier and easier to put my chapters in order. And I am extremely familiar with my work, and I'm more organized, so the writing train is plunging full steam ahead.

I now have 25 chapters. I don't know how many pages yet. It's not something I check until the end of a round of writing. So when I finish writing this set of ten chapters/ideas, I'll print them all out to edit and count the pages.

Heading to bed with a good book/more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment