Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful for an easier writing day than some I've had recently. Today, I told myself I was going to write x, y, and z, and my brain said okay. Let's get it done. And I did.

Thankful for sunshine. It just makes me happier and my writing better.

Thankful for the ability to run as much as I do. Again, the physical activity just makes me happier and thus my writing better.

Thankful for my imagination. I spent the afternoon running around in my imagination trying to figure out what messed up thing my new character, Stephanie, was going to do next. My imagination makes me feel like a little kid: free, like anything can happen if I can just dream it up. And that's why I read so much fiction and write murder mystery novels. I like spending time running rampant through the wilderness of my imagination.

Thankful for the ability to swear in my writing, since I gave it up in real life for Lent.

Thankful for the ability to think outside the box sometimes. Instead of composing my query letter in front of my computer, which WAS NOT working, I walked the dog. And I took pen and paper with me. Thankful that this approach made all the difference. And I now have a query letter. Finally.

Thankful for my fellow writers. I love all of you near and far. It's good to have people to bounce ideas off of, to help me work through ideas when I get stuck, to help me edit EVERYTHING, to help me write some of the difficult things, and to just generally provide a supportive, knowing ear when I need it.

1 comment:

  1. so when are you going to post a chapter to read and whet our appetite to buy and read your novel?

    ReplyDelete