Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Day's Excitement!

First things first. Props to my follower whom I don't know! I have personally thanked the previous twelve followers, so I thank you Follower Thirteen as well! To all of my followers, you rock! Your support is crucial to my success! Literally! Spread the word about the blog! I hope I write something all of you can identify with, or at least find humorous, at some point. And, of course, I'll keep you posted on the publication of my first murder mystery novel. I have faith. I will get published.

Secondly...My OCD side took control today! I love her! She's slightly crazy and very neurotic and REALLY good at sorting through hundreds of pages of literary agent listings! I now have a list of 37 potential literary agents for my novel. I also, based on much research, have STANDARDS my literary agent must meet in order to represent me!

Today, I have 37. Tomorrow I narrow down even further! I will break them down into groups determining who will be the absolute best job of representing my particular novel!

I also wrote my "elevator pitch" today. It took several tries, and it still probably isn't perfect, but I've got something really good I'm working with now.

Next, I need to take the first batch of literary agents and write specific query letters for them! I started a query letter today. Now that I have my "elevator pitch," I will write the rest of my query leter detailing who I am, why I'm qualified to write this book, and where I see my writing career going in future days, months, and years. Luckily, I already have an idea of these goals.

My manuscript is out to two editors right now. I am taking my two week mandatory break from my text. I find myself thinking about passages of my novel in a longing way. I miss Leia. Which is not something I would have said when I first introduced myself to her. She has become a part of my life. The potential for Leia to be a series character has grown exponentially since her conception. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Again.

So tomorrow, I finish my query letter and begin the daunting task of writing a four page synopsis of my novel. I also need to write expanded versions of my "elevator pitch."

Lots of work left to do, but I am prepared to do anything necessary to succeed. So, let's do it. I believe if I put in the work, I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment