Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Productivity Abounds

-ish.

The Novel Synopsis got much better and slightly shorter today. It's going to get even prettier and more concise tomorrow. Because it's about two pages too long. What? Yesterday it was three pages too long! See! Progress!!!

Making progress on query letters, and I've heard from both of my editors. Moving forward. Every day. And should have my novel back from both editors very soon! I'm excited! And nervous! I feel like I'm about to reunited with my child whom I've spent the last month away from. Not only am I going to get her back but she will be marked all over. So, I have to tell my ego to shut it while I look at her ugliness to make her prettier. It's much better to have someone I know tell me where her rough edges are than a literary agent or publisher who doesn't know me and whom I don't know. At least my editors who are reading her are reading her with love. And hopefully they'll spare me a rejection letter or two as well. That would be awesome! As I'm going to have to tell my ego to "Shut It!" over and over again as the rejection letters come pouring in. Because I hear that's how it works. And I know someone will want her.

Gearing up for St. Patty's celebrating. Blowing off a little steam is productive too. Getting out of the house and for real away from my computer is good sometimes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment