Thursday, February 18, 2010

New things

First off, I have only eight chapters left to edit.

Throughout this process, I have written and developed something like thirty different characters. Today, as with a handful of other days, I learned something new about one of my characters. It really is an incredible thing when my characters come to life so much that they teach me things about themselves.

These kinds of discoveries lead to richer characters with more depth. I can't wait for people to read my work, so they can experience these living breathing people with me. And love them and hate them and understand them and laugh with them and experience their lives alongside them.

One of the things I love most about reading fiction novels is the ability to sink completely into a world that's not my own. This is only possible if the writer successfully creates a fictional world filled with people I want to care about. I think and hope when it's all said and done, you love all of the complexities of my characters as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment