Friday, February 5, 2010

Meg's Nonchalant Nonfiction

Okay, diligent readers. I know I said I only read fiction. Normally, this statement is completely true. However, at this moment in time I find myself in the middle of three nonfiction books with another one arriving in the mail today. So, I'm going to try my hand at reviewing nonfiction too. Here are my real opinions on real stories...

Steve Harvey, Act Like A Lady-Think Like a Man

Ladies! All my ladies! I have read the Bible. Steve Harvey is the Messiah! And Harvey gives us all of the insider information we could ever want to know about dating, being married to, or just hanging out with any man. Steve Harvey is honest and sincere throughout his book. He shares information about his relationship with his wife to help readers identify with him, and in the end, I genuinely believe he is trying to help me, all of us, decode the language of the oh-so-confusing male gender. And he gives us power!!! Power to love! Power to speak our minds! Power to have REAL standards and STICK to them!

If you don't believe my enthusiasm, go onto Amazon.com and read Harvey's introduction to this book. It will convince you to read his book. If you still don't want to buy it after that, let me know, and I'll pass my copy around. Also, read his dedication page and his chapter titles. They are guaranteed to entice you!

Every chapter in this book had me laughing out loud but also really examining the simple tenets Harvey puts forth as the crux of men's inner-workings. There were several chapters I personally identified with and found really helpful and comforting as I brave the world of dating once again. I feel more empowered now and much more confident in my abilities to date succesfully AND find the man of my dreams!

Harvey's final chapter is entitled "Quick Answers to the Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask." EVERY woman will LOVE this chapter and his answers to these questions we've all thought over and over and over again. The book is worth the read if for no other reason than this last chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment