Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Importance of Reading Your Writing Out Loud

"He pulled in two extra reporters from another department to ensure we’re breaking every story first! We’ve got two objectives: make sure they stop and make sure we break the killer’s identity first!"

"We ask that if anyone has any information regarding the identity or whereabouts of this man, please come forward. There is a reward in place at this time for anyone who has information regarding this man’s identity and whereabouts."

"Who’s going to get it first? Who’s going to figure out who this killer is first? And you always want to be the one who’s first!"

"I am looking forward to running into you again very soon. We were together not too long ago, but you didn’t know it was me. And it wasn’t time to reveal myself to you yet. We will meet again soon, Leia. It is time. When you’re ready. When you’re ready to come and find me. Are you ready? The game is afoot!" (I don't think I need to tell anyone how not great this is. Thank God we write more than one draft! Yes, I actually said "the game is afoot.")

No comments:

Post a Comment