Monday, February 1, 2010

The Beginning of the End

OH MY GOD I STARTED WRITING THE END OF MY NOVEL TODAY!!!

I've been avoiding it like the plague. Seriously. Not even kidding. I was hard core avoiding it.

But it finally started coming to me this weekend. So, I started from the beginning, which is the only part of it that I knew. It was as good a place as any to start. And I worked my way through the end of the story with questions. It went something like this. Ok, so this happened, so what should happen next? Over and over and over again.

It's going really well, and this totally reinforces my belief that I should only write what will write itself that day. It's always better, and if you put the work in, the inspiration will come with it. This is another one of those important lessons I have learned over the course of this process. I am so excited to get this book published and use all of these lessons I've learned over this course of this first novel to publish my second. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

It was an absolutely amazing writing day!!! And the prospect of publishing my first murder mystery novel makes me happier than I have ever been in my life!

Tomorrow I continue the ending. And maybe even end the novel. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment